Download troi-file-plug-in-271.hqx (1,752,822 KB)
Subject: Troi File Plug-in 2.7.1 for FileMaker Pro
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to
information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders
stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the
plug-in. All from within FileMaker you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into
- (batch) import pictures, sounds etc. and optionally store only a
reference to them in FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker
fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating,
deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- query detailed information of files: the size on disk, creation and
modification dates and much more
- launch files with their appropriate application directly from
- Batch import of images, movies, sounds, text files, etc.
- Keep your database small, by storing only references to images
- Creating a web site by exporting multiple HTML files
- Updating solutions, by moving database files into place
- Reading and writing custom formatted files, for example from legacy
- Cataloging complete projects, including pictures
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
Troi File Plug-in 2.7.1 is an interim release and fixes some
bugs. It has these improvements:
- (Mac) Improved display of dialog messages, for example when the
plug-in has stopped working.
- (Windows) Removed possible beeping sound when using
- (Mac OS X) Improved Import1Image.fp5 example file. It now also
works on Mac OS X.
Troi File Plug-in is shareware and costs US$ 59.