Download troi-activator-plug-in-14.hqx (884,929 KB)
Subject: Troi Activator Plug-in 1.4 for FileMaker Pro
The Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts
across the network, even over the Internet. All from within FileMaker
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different client computer
- trigger a FileMaker script over the Internet
- run a script and send data to a different FileMaker application, all
in the background
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script
Apart from remote triggering you can also trigger scripts on the same
- trigger a script on a specified date and time
- schedule events which trigger any script you want
- trigger a script after exiting a field
- validate fields with a custom script suited to your specific
The Activator allows you to:
- create a real-time appointment solution, where you can notify a
colleague (on a different computer) of changes in his/her appointments
- notify a user that a shared document can be used
- process data in the background in a different FileMaker application
- get someone out of a record, so that it is no longer locked
- schedule processing of incoming email and put the computer to sleep
the rest of the time, saving energy
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
Troi Activator Plug-in 1.4 adds these new functions and features:
- The plug-in is compatible with FileMaker Pro 7.
- It is now possible to do Background Processing, for example with a
separate FileMaker Runtime application. A FileMaker Pro Client and a
Runtime can now run on the same computer and divide tasks!
- Send a remote event without a script being triggered. This allows the
sending of information, where the receiver retrieves it when he wants
- Temporarily disable the triggering of scripts.
- (Windows) Increased the speed of triggering a script by about 60%.
- The example files are updated for better conversion to FileMaker Pro 7.